[NFBMI-Talk] sad news

Michael Powell mpowell7583 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 21 02:00:08 UTC 2020

Dear Federation family and friends.

I am very sorry to have to announce that earlier today,  I learned from Fred
Wurtzel that Geer Wilcox, long time member of our Lansing Capitol Region
chapter,    past state board member and state president has died

Geer was always a constant presence in our federation.   He was always there
to advise, participate,  and support our many federation programs,
activities and initiatives  since I first met him in 1973 when he was our
state president.  Please keep him and his family in your prayers.  He is now
with his wife who died a few weeks ago.  Rest in peace dear friend and
federation brother.  We will send more details when they become available.

Michael Powell

President, National Federation of the Blind of Michigan

(586)754-1325