[NFBMI-Talk] death notices

Michael Powell mpowell7583 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 29 18:07:57 UTC 2020

Greetings Federation family.

Here is the text of the recent death notices I sent to our national office.

Death notices.

Hello President Riccobono.  I am writing to inform you that we have had
three deaths in our Michigan affiliate this past week.  Geer Wilcox, long
time member of our Capitol region Chapter in Lansing Michigan, and past
president of our Michigan affiliate in the early 1970's,  died on July 20.
After his presidency Geer continued to remain active for the rest of his
life.   He served on our state board, participated in state and national
conventions,   held office in his local chapter, and supported federation
programs and activities including youth outreach.  He will be greatly
missed.

On July 2 our Detroit chapter lost Kyra Gibbons who had recently become
acquainted with the chapter when the state of Michigan tried to take
guardianship of her adult son, who has special needs.  The state also tried
to assume guardianship over her because of her blindness.  Our Wayne County
chapter also learned that on July 5, Michelle D'Souza,      one of its board
members,  also passed away.  There were no further details.

We are keeping these members and their families in our prayers.

Thank you.

Michael Powell

President, National Federation of the Blind of Michigan

(586)754-1325