[NFBMI-Talk] Accessible Sites For COVID-19 Statistics?

Kane Brolin kbrolin65 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 17:29:15 UTC 2020

Elizabeth:

Thanks for that detail about COVID-19 in Michigan.  Such a shame that
we have such a terrible adversary like this that we must guard against
in this country.  I am convicted that we as a nationwide [and a
global] blindness community must hang together on this.  The
possession of accurate information is the first step to taking
effective action and making wise decisions.

As I researched all this, I found that even among presumably the most
credible of sources, stats on how many have contracted COVID-19 and
how many have died vary widely.  The Associated Press Indiana feed to
NFB-NEWSLINE® says now that 477 cases have been reported in Indiana,
with 14 deaths.  This figure is up 85% over what I quoted from The New
York Times just earlier this morning.  I suppose the good side of all
this--if there is one--is that more tests are being administered so
more of the impact is being laid bare for the public to see.

Let's do the right things, help one another, and hope we come through
this more quickly than the authorities predict.  I hope we all can
interact with one another face to face in Houston in mid-July.  It is
probably good for lots of reasons that the NFB National Convention was
moved two weeks later than originally planned.  I hope we still can
carry it off.

Warmest regards,

-Kane