[NFBMI-Talk] summer internships in Washington DC

Lydia Anne Schuck lydia.a.schuck at wmich.edu
Tue Nov 10 03:53:22 UTC 2020

The extended application deadline for the 2021 Summer Internship Program is quickly approaching. Apply this week by THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 12 2020 at 5PM ET!

In 2002, AAPD launched the Summer Internship Program<https://aapd.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=08dab5cd58ad9250c3f56519f&id=bbbef122f1&e=bebd11cd73> to develop the next generation of leaders with disabilities. We place college students, graduate students, law students, and recent graduates (up to 5 years out of school) with all types of disabilities in paid summer internships with Congressional offices, federal agencies, nonprofit and for-profit organizations within the Washington, DC area. During the summer, each intern is matched with a mentor who provides them with career guidance. AAPD provides interns with a living stipend, transportation to and from Washington, DC, and fully accessible housing. We recruit a diverse cohort of interns of all ages. As a result, we connect our host employers to talented emerging leaders with disabilities.

Apply for the 2021 AAPD Summer Internship<https://aapd.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=08dab5cd58ad9250c3f56519f&id=3dff61d3d1&e=bebd11cd73> by THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 12 2020 AT 5PM ET!

Photo below of 2020 intern group.
[https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/3rxHCXD7RWGaO01Eo9uREmSlYY3IEJdqgqEdFbVzl8VujhWhOOjlHocgoFysae3qF4KVEpy2Lw_Ji33xh4xBA-2xnXZ0-0gBcuDk8MeyI6KmWyOsjHhzUxB-FNgUC3Su-L8pWYXKJokDwmNsxZ0ql-hETyLl0w=s0-d-e1-ft#https://mcusercontent.com/08dab5cd58ad9250c3f56519f/images/467bafbc-ffd4-4e6f-bdb5-b79524887794.jpg]

 Lydia Schuck, PhD