[NFBMI-Talk] Grab Your Spot: 2021 NABS At Large Seminar

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Thu Nov 19 02:33:05 UTC 2020

Hey There, Hi There, Ho There

It felt so good writing you all that I am back once again to plug an important program for blind students in the state of Michigan. With our first ever Washington Seminar around the corner, many people are anxious and nervous for how they will communicate with their elected officials and their aides. No worries, the National Association of Blind Students has you covered. Our NABS At Large seminar is the first virtual, national student seminar for the blind. Our intention with this program is to help attendees, students or not, to sharpen their public speaking skills through a series of exercises, activities, games, and presentations. We hope to cover forms of public speaking, like debate and improv, among other important items that will help blind students and people be effective communicators in the realms of academia, social life, personal relationships, and professional atmospheres.
This wonderful event also serves as a small fundraiser for the national student division, which invests in student leadership regularly through programs, training, and the connection of student leaders with their liaison affiliates. The cover charge for participation in this event is $25, which is a fraction of the wealth of experience NABS intends to provide. Registration closes fairly soon in a few weeks, so please don't let this opportunity slip away.   You can learn more about the NABS At Large Seminar, taking place on January 9-10, by visiting www.nabslink.org<http://www.nabslink.org>.
If you are interested in registering for the event, please visit the form for registration at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe6gCHpP5dQ7Qw5BDL4T46yF0Akhx7dq-Onts8LH8lTd0Tjhw/viewform.
If you are a student and need assistance with registering for this event, please call Robert Parsons at (804) 801-7674. We look forward to connecting and working with you all.

Respectfully

Robert E. Parsons, Jr.
Board Member| National Federation of the Blind of Michigan
Board Member| National Association of Blind Students