[NFBMI-Talk] 2020 state convention registration question

Elizabeth Mohnke lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 16 20:41:49 UTC 2020

Hello,

Why is the registration for the state convention closed when it is a virtual event that takes place about three weeks from now? This does not make any sense to me.

The NFB of Virginia is holding its state convention virtually from October 25 through November 1, 2020. And there registration ends on October 18, 2020. Additionally, I have seen other virtual events end registration anywhere from a week before the virtual event to the day of the virtual event. So why did the registration for the NFB of Michigan virtual state convention end so soon?

The only email I received announcing or advertising registration for the NFB of Michigan virtual state convention was on Tuesday, October 13, 2020. If this was the only announcement people received regarding registration then this would have given people only two days to register for the virtual state convention. I think this is unreasonable and contradicts the message of the organization stating that the NFB of Michigan is an open and inclusive organization.

So I think it would be a good idea to extend the registration for another week or two to give everyone who wants to register for the virtual state convention the ability to register. . This would help create an open inclusive organization that welcomes everyone who wants to be a part of the virtual convention.

Warm regards,
Elizabeth