[NFBMI-Talk] Opportunity to Foster Positive Change At WMU

Lisa Irving bernieslife at icloud.com
Tue Oct 27 22:29:41 UTC 2020

Hello,

This morning, I met via phone with Jayne Fraley-Burgett, Director for WMU
Student Disability Services to discuss MS Teams access barriers for JAWS
users.

The Director is receiving conflicting information. For instance, a Sighted
WMU employee and a liaison for the Bureau of Blindness Services reports that
blind individuals are not experiencing access barriers. Conversely, I and
another WMU student report access barriers when using this
university-approved meeting platform.  Additionally within Microsoft
Disability Assistance Help, there is a varying degree of opinions about what
works and how to make things work.

The Director expressed interest in hearing first-hand accounts from other
screen reader users and your experience using MS Teams. I urge you to please
take three minutes, and in a couple of sentences share your experience and
Email  the Director at: jayne.fraley at wmich.edu
<mailto:jayne.fraley at wmich.edu>

Thank you.

Warmly,