[NFBMI-Talk] Michigan, We Have a Winner!!!!

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Mon Oct 25 22:14:01 UTC 2021

Howdy Folks!

I hope that none of you are tired from celebrating Blind Equality and Achievement Month (BEAM)! Here in Michigan, we are just getting started. Let's start by updating you on the Michigan affiliate's fundraiser, Project R. E. C. Our four teams are still looking for sponsors, but it is clear who is making off with the cheesecake! Here are the rankings:

  1.  The Chunky Chargers - Robert Parsons  ($75 raised)
  2.  The Marauders - Mike Powell (NFB of Michigan President) ($35 raised)
  3.  The Sparks - Jennifer Kennedy (BLIND Inc. Executive Director) ($10 raised)
  4.  The Navigators - Kashonia Graham (Detroit Chapter)  ($5 raised)

We would also like to congratulate Donna Posont on helping the Michigan affiliate reach its furst fundraising benchmark. Donna's donation to this fundraiser pushed us over the $100 threshold, which makes her the proud owner of a brand new Amazon Echo Dot speaker. Friends, the prize for the donor that donates the most is a 55-inch smart television and the highest pledge is $50 so far, so someone is going to have a lovely holiday gift. Remember, it's not too late to pledge your support to Project R. E. C. Pledges are $5, you are able to donate as many times as you want and can donate to more than one team if you'd like. Simply visit www.nfbmi.org/project-rec<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nfbmi.org%2Fproject-rec&data=04%7C01%7Crobert.e.parsons%40wmich.edu%7C48cfee5d400b497a535d08d991b20e15%7C257622517aa94c72905f39bf026a8a84%7C0%7C0%7C637701016959549673%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=Nmh2py1W2O7xHQNLjm5G0IJgc8s7aHB2y7lnVDjtrgg%3D&reserved=0>

We are also grateful for any members that can share and promote this initiative. The final day for pledges to be taken for this campaign is Saturday, November 13 at 7pm EST. If you have any questions about this fundraiser or how to submit a donation, please feel free to contact me at Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu<mailto:Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu> or (804) 801-7674. Remember, this is our month and only we can make the world know about us. Now, let's go build the Federation.

With Love,

Robert E. Parsons, Jr., M.A., CRC, CVRT
Board Member| National Association of Blind Students
Board Member| National Federation of the Blind of Michigan
Doctoral Student| Counselor Education and Supervision
Western Michigan University '25
Pronouns: He, Him, His
P: (804) 801-7674