[NFBMI-Talk] Competition is Fierce: NFBMI Project R.E.C.

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Thu Oct 28 14:34:05 UTC 2021

Hey Friends

I warned you. The chunky crab told you all to jump on the Project R.E.C. train before it left the station! I am here to drop another update on our Sports and Recreation fundraiser, which has already met it's first benchmark of surpassing $100. Now that Donna Posont from our lovely affiliate won the Echo Dot speaker, we must prepare another prize for giveaway because we are approaching another benchmark, but first, here are the current standings for our four team owners:

  1.  The Chunky Chargers - Robert Parsons ($175 raised)
  2.  The Marauders - Mike Powell ($35 raised)
  3.  The Navigators - KaShonia Graham )$15 raised)
  4.  The Sparks - Jennifer Kennedy ($10 raised)

Just a reminder, here are the list of the prizes included:

  1.  Visio 55-inch Television (Awarded to the Donor that Pledges the Most Money)
  2.  Gourmet Chocolate Cheesecake (Awarded to the Team Owner that Raises the Most Money)
  3.  Echo Dot Speaker (Awarded to the Donor Whose Pledge Brings the Fundraiser Total Past $100) (Winner: Donna Posont)
  4.  Gourmet Chocolate Dipped Strawberries (Awarded to the Donor Whose Pledge Brings the Fundraiser Total Past  $500)
  5.  Google Nest Speaker  (Awarded to the Donor Whose Pledge Brings the Fundraising Total Past $1000)

So, I told you all last that the prize for the donor that pledged the most money to one of our teams is a huge, 55-inch television! At that time, the highest donation received was $50 and it was from someone within our home state of Michigan. Unfortunately, competition has begun and Michigan no longer can claim the spot of highest donor. It is not too late to donate and compete with the highest donation of $65. Simply visit the webpage using the below link, fill out the form, and submit your payment to the affiliate using the PayPal link. If you have any questions about our exciting fundraiser, please feel free to email me at Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu<mailto:Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu>. We thank you all for your support, let's go build the Federation!

With Love,

Robert E. Parsons, Jr., M.A., CRC, CVRT
Board member| National Association of Blind Students
Board Member| National Federation of the Blind of Michigan
Doctoral Student| Counselor Education and Supervision
Western Michigan University '25
Pronouns: He, Him, Hi