[NFBMI-Talk] 2022 NFBMI State Convention Assistance for Families (SCAFF)

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Thu Sep 1 10:41:32 UTC 2022

Good Morning Federation Family

I'm so excited for the new season, new weather, and familiar fun in our 2022 NFB of Michigan state convention in Grand Rapids in a few weeks, but wanted to share some information for Michigan affiliate members who have families interested in attending our convention. Thanks to some generous donors, we are proud to present the below program for eligible families within the state that want to benefit from some of our programming during the convention weekend but may face some financial challenges. The flyer is also attached for those who would like to share the opportunity with friends within the state.

2022 NFBMI State Convention Assistance for Families (SCAF)

Are you a family of a blind child, adolescent or adult? Interested in attending an event packed with  advocacy modelling, information gathering, community building, and social awareness? The National Federation of the Blind of Michigan's SCAF program supports families of blind Michiganders with costs associated with attending our 2022 State Convention in Grand Rapids from November 4-6. Attend family-friendly events like our "White Cane Karaoke" and Braille Carnival with comfort.

Eligibility for the NFBMI SCAF program requires applicants to be:

  *   A Family of two or more
  *   A family with at least one person that is legally blind
  *   A family with at least one member of child or adolescent age
  *   Willing to travel to and attend the 2022 NFB of Michigan State Convention in Grand Rapids November 4-6

Applicants should compose a one-page letter stating their interest in attending the 2022 state convention, their reason for wanting to attend, and what their family could gain from their attendance. This letter should be submitted to Mike Powell, President,  by October 1, 2022. This information, along with an interview will be considered by the program committee.

With Love, Hope and Determination,

Robert E. Parsons, Jr.,
President| At Large Chapter
Board Member| National Federation of the Blind of Michigan
Doctoral Student| Counselor Education and Supervision
Western Michigan University '25
Pronouns: He, Him, His
P: (269) 216-8640