[NFBMI-Talk] NFBMI R. E. A. L.

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 02:18:17 UTC 2023

Howdy Federation Friends!

Do you know a blind child looking for recreation and learning? Are you
a student still deciding what you want to do in the future? How about
a college student looking for realistic employment skills? We have a
program for that!
Join the NFB of Michigan in our R. E. A. L. program this summer as we
create a one-stop shop for academic, employment and social
exploration. From June 23-25, at the beautiful Hilton Garden Inn in
downtown Flint, blind youth, ages 8-13, are eligible to take part in
our STEM2U track, which helps them learn to build nonvisual STEM
experiments themed around space. Students aged 14-26 can join the
Scholars track, which includes a weekend of employment and social
activities that challenge them to bring their best selves to high
school, college, and the workspace. All attendees will have an
opportunity to attend our Flint chapter Gala and our blind bowler’s
challenge, among other ways for us to start the summer off with lofty
expectations.
I have included the official flyer for the R. E. A. L. program in this
message and the link for registration below. The deadline for
registration is May 15, 2023. Scholarship opportunities are available
for families of blind youth (ages 8-13) that are interested in
attending the program. This is a BSBP-sponsored event. If you are a
student that has a case with the bureau, please consult with your
counselor before registering for this event to request support. For
questions about the R. E. A. L. program or registration, please reach
me at President at nfbmi.org or (269) 216-8640. We look forward to
connecting with you all in Flint.

With Love,

Robert Parsons, Jr.
President, National Federation of the Blind of Michigan

Registration Link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeUgZJv6RUIl7QXmF3wGWH7-krQaV5E6vlgT4ak_CjEnLp7kg/viewform