[NFBMI-Talk] NFBMI R. E. A. L.

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 15:25:00 UTC 2023

Federation Friends and Followers,

This is a friendly reminder for everyone to let your students, friends
with blind children and blind parents know about the weekend-long
program that the NFB of Michigan offers. The Raising Expectations,
Accessing Life (R. E. A. L.) program offers children different
opportunities to expand their horizons in STEM, make new friends and
learn from blind role models. Blind students have an opportunity to
learn skills that they can use to better prepare them for their
choices in academics, social life and employment. With all of this, we
have so many opportunities for networking, including our 2023 Blind
Bowlers Challenge, our NFBMI Flint-Genesee Chapter Gala and our 2023
REAL Career Fair, which we hope you all can attend.
All blind children (ages 8-13) interested in registering for the
STEM2U track must attend with a parent or guardian. Scholarship
opportunities are available for families that apply for the STEM2U
program. If you are a customer of BSBP and are interested in attending
the NFBMI R. E. A. L. program, please forward the attached flyer to
your counselor and express your interest. Please use the link below to
register before the deadline of May, 15, 2023. We look forward to
having a robust, exciting seminar weekend.

Registration Link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeUgZJv6RUIl7QXmF3wGWH7-krQaV5E6vlgT4ak_CjEnLp7kg/viewform

With Respect,

Robert Parsons, Jr.
President, National Federation of the Blind of Michigan