[NFBMI-Talk] "The World Mourns the Passing of Judy Heumann, Disability Rights Activist" - AAPD

mpowell7583 at yahoo.com mpowell7583 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 6 19:30:09 UTC 2023

Greetings Kane.
I heard something on this today on Good Morning America and when I figured out who they were talking about who had passed I realized I knew who Ms. Heuman was.
I had learned about her through my reading of books and literature  about the disability movement and I do recall her speaking at one of our national conventions.  I don't recall what year it was but she sounded different than the voice I heard on the recording of her that was played on the broadcast today so it must have been some time back.
I know that she was on a panel with some of our advocates and other disability rights people.  This may have been when Marc Maurer was president.  I bet if we looked back to previous conventions we would find her.
Thanks for sending this.
Michael Powell