[NFBMI-Talk] The Informant v. 2: The Open Door

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Tue May 16 17:56:24 UTC 2023

Good Afternoon, Friends!
Who would have known a month could move so quickly? Here we are with
another edition of “The Informant,” where important updates are
shared. Look:
•	The access technology affordability act (A. T. A. A.) has been
introduced into the 118th United States Congress. When advocating with
your local chapter or division, please be sure to indicate support for
bill S1467.
•	The National Federation of the Blind of Michigan will be active and
present at the Visions Conference on June 7, 2023 in Ann Arbor.
Members from our affiliate will be there to inform attendees,
educators, and rehabilitation professionals of our work. For more
information on how you can join us, please email President at nfbmi.org.
•	The deadline for resolution submissions for the national convention
is June 1, 2023. To submit a resolution or inquire, please contact
Donald Porterfield at resolutions at nfb.org.
•	The NFB of Michigan congratulates two national scholarship
finalists, Felecia Bradford, of our Flint- Genesee chapter, and Ellen
Harper . Each year, we are excited that our affiliate produces
finalists and thank all our applicants this year, inviting them to
apply for our upcoming state scholarship program.
•	The NFB of Michigan invites all members to take advantage of our
different state committees to get inspiration for different ideas.
Each chapter or division best performs if at least one of their
members serves on a state committee. In the important dates section
below, some upcoming committee meeting dates will be announced.
Important Dates
•	05/23/23 Youth and Family Committee Meeting (7pm via Zoom)
•	05/30/23 NFB of Michigan Board of Directors Meeting (6pm via Zoom)
•	05/31/23 NFB Presidential Release (8pm via Zoom)
•	06/03/23 Communications Committee Meeting (8pm via Zoom)
•	06/07/23 Visions Conference (Ann Arbor, Michigan)
•	06/09/23 At Large Chapter Meeting (7pm via Zoom)
•	06/14/23 Membership Committee Meeting (8pm via Zoom)

As always, I am excited to hear your ideas at these upcoming events
and meetings, inviting you all to come ready to share and build the
Federation.

With Love,

Robert Parsons, Jr.
President, National Federation of the Blind of Michigan