[NFBMI-Talk] NFBMI Youth and Family Meeting 7pm This Evening

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Wed May 31 13:03:52 UTC 2023

Good morning, Federation Family,

The NFB of Michigan Youth and Family planning committee will be having
its meeting this evening at 7pm. Now that we are so close to the
launch of our exciting R. E. A. L. program, which begins June 23, we
will be discussing some important items this evening. Some topics will
include:
•	Finalized speaker and presentation slots.
•	Finalized mentor and volunteer roles.
•	Finalized social and recreational activity logistics.
•	Local, regional, and statewide recruitment strategies.

If you are a member of the NFB of Michigan’s Youth and Family Program
Planning committee, interested in joining or want to attend the R. E.
A. L. program, feel free to join us via Zoom this evening to learn all
about our program and what it offers blind youth, students, parents,
and families. The NFB of Michigan’s “Raising Expectations Accessing
Life “R. E. A. L.” program is a two-track experience that aims to
encourage blind children 8-13 to get active in the world of STEM by
encouraging them to take part in active science experiments themed
around space! Our NFB scholars track for students ages 14 and older
focuses on exploring interests and potential in academics, employment,
and interests to see how they can bridge them to live the life they
want. Remember friends, the deadline to register for this event is
June 15, 2023, and we can be the catalyst for making this program
great. I have included our official flyer in this thread for you to
share with friends and interested parties, but you can find more
information and the registration form at www.nfbmi.org/real. Let’s go
build the Federation!

With Love,

Robert Parsons, Jr.
President, National Federation of the Blind of Michigan