[NFBMI-Talk] NFB Michigan 2023 Exhibitors and Virtual Exhibit Hall Invite

Jason Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Sat Nov 4 00:55:54 UTC 2023

I'm excited to share the list of exhibitors joining us in 2023 for the
convention.
Your first opportunity to hear from many of them is Monday evening at 8 PM
in our regular state Zoom room. Stop in to hear a short presentation from
many of our exhibitors.
This year, our exhibit hall is open both Friday and Saturday for your
convenience. 1 to 6 Friday, Noon to 4 Saturday. It' open to the public, so
tell yor friends and family.

Now on with the list.

2023 NFB of Michigan Exhibitors

Friday, November 10, 1-6 PM and Saturday, November 11, Noon-4 PM

Where:       DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Detroit - Dearborn

5801 Southfield Fwy

Detroit, MI 48228

Free and open to the public.

Please visit www.nfbmi.org/convention to learn about other convention
activities.

Gold Sponsors

Bureau of Services for Blind Persons

3038 W Grand Blvd

Suite 4-450

Detroit, MI 48202-6038

313-456-1646

Website: www.michigan.gov/bsbp

Email: mcnealg at michigan.gov

The Bureau of Services for Blind Persons (BSBP) provides Vocational
Rehabilitation including services to students and youth, Business Services,
Independent Living, and Youth Low Vision services to individuals who are
blind and visually impaired. BSBP also supports the Business Enterprise
Program, and the Braille and Talking Book Library services. The BSBP
Training Center also provides a comprehensive cadre of services to enhance
a customer’s adjustment to blindness. BSBP utilizes a combination of state
and federal funding to support its programs.

Michigan Department of Education – Low Incidence Outreach (MDE‐LIO)

702 W Kalamazoo St

Lansing, MI 48915

517-241-7083

Website: mdelio.org

Email: msdb‐outreach at michigan.gov

MDE‐LIO provides consultation, training, and resources to families and
educational teams serving students who are Blind or Visually Impaired (BVI)
and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing (DHH).

MDE‐LIO's vision is to ensure equal access to a quality education for all
students who are BVI and/or DHH.

White Cane Sponsors

Leader Dogs for the Blind

1039 S Rochester Rd

Rochester Hills, MI 48307

888-777-5332

Website: www.leaderdog.org

Email: Leslie.hoskins at leaderdog.org

Leader Dogs for the Blind is a nonprofit organization providing people who
are blind or visually impaired with lifelong skills for safe and
independent daily travel using a guide dog or a white cane. For more
information, call (888) 777-5332 or visit LeaderDog.org.

Non-24/Vanda Pharmaceuticals

2200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Washington, DC 20037

202-875-4714

Website: Non-24.com

Email: Jennifer.lyman at vandapharma.com

Non-24 is a chronic disorder that disrupts a person’s circadian rhythm
causing the internal body clock to become out of sync with the 24-hour
day-night cycle.  This can lead to sleep struggles with periods of good
sleep followed by periods of poor sleep.  Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a
global biopharmaceutical company focused on development of innovative
therapies for unmet medical needs and continues research on circadian
rhythm disorders and Non-24.

Other Exhibitors

A. T. Guys

PO Box 51446

Kalamazoo, MI 49005

269-216-4798

Website: www.atguys.com

Email: support at atguys.com

Affordable access technology for experts and brand new users. Our products
include Bluetooth speakers, keyboards, and headsets, the BlindShell 2
talking cell phone, the Orbit Writer and Hable One braille keyboards, our
accessible portable power banks, and much more. All with knowledgeable tech
support from people who use these products every day.

AYES Inc

2915 Ogletown Road

Newark, DE 19713

347-200-2643

Website: www.ayes.ai

Email: william at ayes.ai

AYES is developing an AI service to assist blind and visually impaired to
explore cities effortlessly. They have developed a mobile application,
called OKO, that assists blind and visually impaired people to receive the
status of the pedestrian traffic light and helps you with not veering off
when crossing the street. Visit our booth to learn more about our upcoming
features.

Brail Buddies

234 state St. Apt. 1505

Detroit , Michigan 48226

313-587-7866

sbizrd.com

Email: luckylillian at att.net

As a visually impaired entrepreneur it gives me great pride to introduce my
products, as a much needed functional accessory, the Pocket-It cane bag
will take away all the worries of losing or misplacing your white  cane and
a Braille Cell is a teaching tool to learn braille.

Detroit Department of Transportation

100 Mack Ave, 2nd Floor

Detroit, MI 48201

DDOT Customer Service: 313-933-1300 / Paratransit Customer Service:
313-774-5555

Website: detroitmi.gov/ddot

Email: ddotcomments at detroitmi.gov

The Detroit Department of Transportation (DDOT) is the largest public
transit provider in Michigan that serves the city of Detroit, surrounding
suburbs, and neighboring cities, including Highland Park and Hamtramck. In
addition to our fixed-route service, DDOT provides expanded transportation
to qualified disabled individuals with our new in-house paratransit service.

En-Vision America (virtual only)

825 4th Street W

Palmetto, FL 34221

800-890-1180

Website: www.envisionamerica.com

Email: patientcare at envisionamerica.com

For over 25 years En-Vision America has partnered with pharmacies to
provide patients with alternative format prescription labels as an ADA
accommodation including: ScripTalk audible, ScriptView large print and dual
language and Braille.

Eye Learn Cares

11000 W McNichols RD

Suite 109

Detroit, MI 48221

313-530-5905

Email: eyelearn16 at gmail.com

Eye Learn Cares provides low cost solutions to the Detroit Areas citizenry
who have experience vision loss. An individual can start to learn how to
function beyond the loss of eye sight by going through our specially
tailored training program, which is made up of five core areas of training
including basic living skills, Braille, Orientation and mobility, Self
Defense and Technology.

Lab Computers, Inc.

3511 Utica Pike

Jeffersonville, IN 47130

502-447-2458 Ext

Website: Labcomputers.com <detroitmi.gov/ddot>

Email: info at labcomputers.com

Lab Computers is the exclusive distributor of Humanware blindness and low
vision products for Michigan. We provide products such as Braillenote Touch
+, Brailliant Braille displays, Stellar trek GPS, Victor Reader, and the
Explorer line of video magnifiers.

NFBMI Capital Region Chapter/ Blind Seniors Advocating for Seniors

989-330-0753

Email: patriciajpyle11 at gmail.com

The members of the Capital Region chapter and seniors division of the
National Federation of the Blind of Michigan are joining forces to exhibit
as a fundraiser. We are selling a variety of candy bars, trail mix, peanut
brittle, a variety of cookies and caramel corn.

NFBMI New Wayne County Chapter

313-220-8140

Email: donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com

The New Wayne County chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of
Michigan invites you all to visit our exhibit hall table and support our
chapter fundraiser. We will be selling dried cherries, chocolate-covered
cherries and stuffed sensory birds.

OrCam

1115 Broadway, 11th floor

New York, NY 10010

Matt Darusz Michigan Rep Number: 803-528-0351

OrCam Main Number: 800-713-3741

Website: https://www.orcam.com/en-us/home

Email: Matt.Darusz at Orcam.com

Experience the Power of Assistive Technology with OrCam's AI Devices. Our
mission is to enrich people's daily experiences with personal assistive
handheld and wearable AI devices that increase confidence and independence.