[NFBMI-Talk] Call to Action Lansing Gathering

Mark Eagle markaeagle at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 7 02:14:11 UTC 2023

Call to action,
We are just under two weeks until our Lansing Gathering! Make sure to mark your calendar for Tuesday, September 19, 2023 at 10:00 AM. We will be staging at the dining area just off the lobby at the Anderson building at the corner of Capital Avenue and Ottawa Street in Lansing, Michigan.
A blind BEP operator has kindly agreed to cater a continental breakfast for attendees.If you are interested in assisting in meetings with your local State Representatives and State Senators to discuss issues vital to blind persons in the State of Michigan, please contact your chapter president.
Reminder to the chapter presidents that if you need help scheduling meetings with legislators to reach out to State Legislative Co-chair Mark Eagle at treasurer at nfbmi.org Also chapter presidents make sure to let us know the legislators you have scheduled meetings with so that we may track who we have meet with.
The two issues we will be focusing on are the Parental Rights Bill and Accessible Prescription Labeling. The fact sheets, model legislation, and tracking sheets of states that have already passed the legislation with be on the nfbmi.org website before the Lansing Gathering. Packets will also be passed out at the beginning of the day to give to your Legislators.
We hope you can join us in Lansing and with your help we can make a better future for blind Michiganders.
Sincerely,
Mark EagleNFBMI State Legislative Co-Chairtreasurer at nfbmi.org