[NFBMI-Talk] Advocacy in a Flash: Fundraise with the Federation!

rob.parso3389 at gmail.com rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 14:56:45 UTC 2023

Hey My Friends,

I know you all are staying warm and comfortable in this brisk weather we are
getting. It's truly becoming fall and our effort to tell the world about the
work of the Federation is just getting heated up. With Blind Equality
Achievement Month approaching, I hope you are all prepared for the wonderful
things our organization is offering in terms of advocacy, education and, of
course, fundraising

This year, our affiliate will be producing its "White Cane Winners" virtual
auction during Blind Equality Achievement Month. With the support of some
generous donors, the NFB of Michigan has acquired a few items that are
primed to be bid on in a competition for bragging rights and to support
blind people accomplishing their dreams.  The fundraising committee could
use your help to continue to make this event great! We are currently
accepting donations for this virtual fundraiser and challenge all members,
chapters, divisions, and leaders to get in on the action.

What is a donation?

You can help get donations to White Cane Winners in two forms: donated item
or monetary donation. A donated item will be placed on our virtual auction
platform or bundled with other items to be bid on. A monetary donation will
be used to purchase items for bidding. Please do not feel like you have to
secure the most expensive donation or pledge, as our auction sees the most
competition on appealing everyday items like:

*	Coffee
*	Baked Goods
*	Pet and Guide dog Toys/Treats
*	Personal Home Items

How to Help Get Pledge Donations?

You can help secure donations by using the attached donation pledge form and
speaking with members of your community, employment, family, or school about
the work of the Federation, Blind Equality Achievement Month, and the
programs we conduct each year, including this one.  All pledges are subject
to a screening process and items must fit the criteria that is outlined in
the attached form. If you have additional questions about a possible pledge,
feel free to reach out to me at (269) 216-8640.

The National Federation of the Blind of Michigan appreciates the work that
our members put into making programs like White Cane Winners a success. The
deadline for donation pledges is September 20, 2023. We look forward to
working with all members in supporting your efforts while you connect with
your communities and raise their expectations of the blind as we live the
lives we want.

With Love, Hope and Determination,

Robert Parsons, Jr., M. A., CRC, CVRT, LLPC

President, National Federation of the Blind of Michigan

www.nfbmi.org <http://www.nfbmi.org>

(269) 216-8640