[NFBMI-Talk] Fwd: Financial Sense¢: How to Save $1,500 Annually by Reducing Food Waste

Kane Brolin kbrolin65 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 12:41:43 UTC 2023

The following is from Chris Peterson, founder and CEO of Penny
Forward. https://www.pennyforward.com/

As prices for the things we buy and use continue trending higher while
our income mostly does not, I thought the following may interest those
who live on a fixed income.  It will also interest those who, out of
principle, want to cut down on environmental waste.

Save the Date
Sept. 21, 2023.
7:30pm Eastern, 6:30pm Central,  5:30pm Mountain, 4:30pm Pacific.
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUpfu6hrzIsHdMMmnPER_NSKCOIlVxPbhiL?utm_medium=email&utm_source=sendpress&utm_campaign#/registration

==============================
Attention Penny Forward Supporters

Financial Sense¢: How to Save $1,500 Annually by Reducing Food Waste

We are excited to invite you to this month’s edition of the Financial
Sense¢ program, where we will be delving into a topic that affects us
all: food waste. According to a December 2022 Fortune article, it was
revealed that Americans squander approximately one-third of the food
they purchase. Shockingly, this equates to the average family
discarding a staggering $1,500 worth of unused food annually.
In an effort to make a positive impact on both our wallets and the
environment, this month’s Financial Sense¢ program will focus on
practical strategies to avoid food waste. We believe that together, we
can make a significant change by implementing some straightforward yet
effective techniques.

Thank you to all of those that have already registered for our
Financial Sense¢ series. If you are registered on Zoom. You will get
the information emailed to you again the day of the event about 90min
before the start.

What to expect
During our gathering, we will explore various insightful methods to
tackle this issue head-on:
1.
Strategic Meal Planning: Learn how to plan your meals effectively,
ensuring that you buy only what you need and use everything you
purchase.
2.
Transforming Leftovers: Discover the art of turning yesterday’s meal
into an exciting new culinary creation. Waste not, want not!
3.
Freezing for the Future: Understand the proper way to freeze leftovers
and excess ingredients to enjoy them at a later time, reducing the
likelihood of spoilage.
4.
Smart Food Storage: Get tips on using the right food storage
containers to extend the freshness of your ingredients, allowing you
to enjoy them for a longer period.
We encourage you to come prepared to share your own tried-and-true
methods for preventing food waste and injecting creativity into your
meals. By exchanging ideas and insights, we can all contribute to a
more sustainable future while keeping our plates enticingly diverse.

We will be on zoom, Facebook Live, Youtube Live, and Clubhouse.
Register for Zoom information
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUpfu6hrzIsHdMMmnPER_NSKCOIlVxPbhiL?utm_medium=email&utm_source=sendpress&utm_campaign#/registration

Our Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/pennyfwd?utm_medium=email&utm_source=sendpress&utm_campaign

Our Youtube Channel
 https://www.youtube.com/@pennyforward6185/about

Questions?
Send any comments or questions to…
Pennyforward at pennyforward.com

Thank you for your interest in Penny Forward’s Financial Sense¢
program. By coming together to share our experiences, we can create a
more inclusive and accessible financial system for all. We hope to see
you on Sept 21, for this important conversation.
The Penny Forward Team

Chris Peterson
President and CEO, Penny Forward
Blind People Building Bright Futures One Penny At A Time
Email: chris at pennyforward.com
Phone: (888) 332-5558
https://pennyforward.com

Cordially,