[NFBMI-Talk] Birding on Saturday

donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 22:49:14 UTC 2024

Wisdom of Woodpeckers, January 20 Birding

Please join us Saturday, January 20, 2024, at the University of Michigan
Dearborn at 4901 Evergreen Road in Dearborn, Michigan.

We will meet from 1-6p m and learn about the eight species of woodpeckers
which can be found in our state and travel into the natural area where six
of these species reside. Plan once again to play Birdbrain Jeopardy and eat
pizza with friends. We are staying until after dark for those who wish to
hear the calls of owls because we had an adventure doing that last month.
Birding by Ear and Beyond is a program of the Environmental Interpretive
Center which is open to all people who are blind along with friends and
family. The program is led by Donna Posont the coordinator and a naturalist
on staff at the center. For more information you may contact Donna Posont at
313-220-8140 or dposont at umich.edu <mailto:dposont at umich.edu> .