[NFBMI-Talk] Research study involving artifical intelligence and assistive technology; respond ASAP if interested.

Sam Rau samdrau at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 01:03:18 UTC 2024

I was a participant in this research opportunity today and was
informed that they're in great need of other research participants. They
want participants within the next week or so, so please read and act
quickly if interested. Thank you.

We are a team of accessibility researchers from the University of Michigan
working to develop new applications for blind people to access visual
information. We are conducting two paid, in-person research studies and are
looking for blind participants! Both studies will take about 2 hours each,
take place in the Beyster building on UMich North Campus (2260 Hayward St,
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/2260+Hayward+St,+Ann+Arbor,+MI+48109?entry=gmail&source=g>),
and be scheduled sometime in March.

*Study 1: Customizing AI assistive technology.* In this study, we are
looking for participants to test an application that allows users to
customize AI assistive technology to filter visual information.

*Study 2: Sound-aware visual descriptions.*In this study, we are looking
for participants to test an application that considers sound context to
provide real-world descriptions, so the spoken descriptions will not be
overshadowed by noisy environments or conversations.

   - If you are selected to take part in the studies, you will be
   compensated $25 per hour for your time (as an Amazon gift card or physical
   check). Transportation costs will also be reimbursed to a limit.
   - Please fill out this quick (5 minute) screening survey to verify
   eligibility:https://forms.gle/YTmWRCLEsSQQPhiS7And feel free to email
   anhong at umich.edu if you have any questions.