[Nfbmo] Fw: Summer VI Classes

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 23 18:38:32 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lehmann, Timothy A" <TimLehmann at MissouriState.edu>
To: <gwunder at earthlink.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 1:35 PM
Subject: Summer VI Classes

Gary,

Hello and I hope your day is going well. Below is information on the VI
Classes being offered at MSU this summer. If you would post them on the NFB
website I would appriciate it. My Mother came down to Springfield this past
weekend and said for me to tell you hello from her. Thanks for posting this
and have a nice day!

Online VI Course Offerings

Summer 2009

Missouri State University

If you desire to apply to the VI program, please contact the Teacher
Certification office at 417-836-8775 to begin the application process.

The following courses will be offered Summer 2009

Ø SPE 506 Principles of Orientation & Mobility (3 credit hours):

Instructor: Aundrayah Shermer

This course is an introduction class. The focus of the course will be on the
acquisition of knowledge relating to orientation and mobility for students
with visual impairments and the application of this knowledge through a
variety of performance-based activities.

Ø SPE 507 Introduction to Visual Impairments, Autism and Severe/Multiple
Disabilities   (3 credit hours):

Instructor: Julie Ituarte

This course is an introduction to educational programs and services for
students with visual impairments, autism, deaf-blindness, and multiple
disabilities.

*BOTH SPE 506 and 507 are ON-LINE courses

For questions or more information about the VI certification program
contact:

Julie Ituarte

E-mail: jandersonituarte at missouristate.edu

Tim Lehmann