[Nfbmo] Fw: [Nfb-announce] Seedlings Braille Books for Children Adds New Booksto Catalog

cory McMahon cjmc404 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 23:47:32 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julie Connoyer (by way of David Andrews<dandrews at visi.com>)"
<seedlink7 at ameritech.net>
To: <david.andrews at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 1:04 PM
Subject: [Nfb-announce] Seedlings Braille Books for Children Adds New
Booksto Catalog

Seedlings Braille Books for Children is pleased
to announce that a wonderful new group of books
has just been added to our catalog, bringing the
total number of titles available in braille to
1,000. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =

These books range from Print-Braille-&-Picture
Books for toddlers and preschoolers like
â?oCliffordâ?Ts Animal Soundsâ? and â?oCurious
George at the Zoo,� to two-volume novels for
teens and â?otweensâ? (Newbery Honor Book
â?oElijah of Buxtonâ? for example). And there
are many great books in between (some â?oMagic
Tree Houseâ? books and â?oBlack Lagoon Adventuresâ? among others).

Also, in honor of our new <?xml:namespace prefix
= st1 ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />US
President, we have added a biography of Barack
Obama, and one about Michelle Obama!

To view a list of all the new books, please go to
<http://www.seedlings.org/whatsnew.php>http://www.seedlings.org/whatsnew.php

To read about all 1,000 titles, you can go to
<http://www.seedlings.org/>www.seedlings.org and
click on â?oOrder Our Books & Gifts.â?

The Seedlings 2010 Catalog will be available
soon. You can download the textfile version from
our website:
<http://www.seedlings.org/>www.seedlings.org  If
you would like to receive a print copy in the
mail, please send your name and address to:
<mailto:info at seedlings.org>info at seedlings.org or call: 800-777-8552.

Seedlings Braille Books for Children is a
501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to
increasing the opportunity for literacy by
providing high-quality, low-cost childrenâ?Ts
literature in braille. Volunteers, grants and
donations make it possible for Seedlings to offer
books at a fraction of the production costs, and
prices have not been increased for 25 years!

â?oMore than any other time, when I hold a
beloved book in my hand, my limitations fall from
me, my spirit is free.� -Helen Keller

Julie Connoyer
Community Outreach Coordinator
Seedlings Braille Books for Children
(734)427-8552 x301
(800)777-8552 x301
seedlink7 at ameritech.net
www.seedlings.org

"Placing a book in a child's hand is like planting a seed."