[Nfbmo] Low-cost braille books for kids.

fred olver goodfolks at charter.net
Sat Aug 22 15:59:37 UTC 2009

Seedlings Braille Books for Children is pleased to announce that we have just added a wonderful new group of books to our catalog, bringing our total number of titles available in braille to 1,000!

These books range from Print-Braille-&-Picture Books for toddlers and preschoolers (like "Clifford's Animal Sounds" and "Curious George at the Zoo," to 2-volume novels for teens and "tweens" (Newbery Honor Book "Elijah of Buxton" for example). And there are many great books in between (some "Magic Tree House" books and "Black Lagoon Adventures" among others).

Also, in honor of our new President, we have added a biography of Barack Obama, and one about Michelle Obama as well!

To view a list of all the new books, please go to http://www.seedlings.org/whatsnew.php

To read about all 1,000 titles, you can go to www.seedlings.org and click on "Order Our Books & Gifts." These books are sold for a fraction of their production cost to keep the prices affordable for you.

The Seedlings 2010 Catalog is now available and will be mailed soon. You can download the textfile version from our website: www.seedlings.org

Free Braille Books!

Through Seedlings' Book Angel Program, visually-impaired children in the US can receive two free books from Seedlings per year. You give us a list of 4 Seedlings' books that they would like to have and we send 2 of them! If you haven't registered yet this year, please go to http://www.seedlings.org/bkangel2009.php and fill out the form.

This program is almost over for 2009 (we may not be able to ship free books during the busy holiday season). So don't delay ... register today!

One Small Request:

Do you want to continue hearing about our new books and free programs? If so, we need for you to give us permission to send you occasional emails such as this. To join our "opt in" list, please hit "reply" and type "OK to email," along with your name & zip code (so we can find you in our database). We do not email often, and we absolutely DO NOT share our lists with anyone! Please opt in today!

(If you wish to be removed from this list, please send an email to: info at seedlings.org that says "Remove" in the subject line and includes your name and zip code in the body of the email. Thank you.)

   Best wishes,
   Debra Bonde, Director
   Seedlings Braille Books for Children
   www.seedlings.org
   800-777-8552
   734-427-8552 fax

Seedlings Braille Books for Children is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing the opportunity for literacy by providing high-quality, low-cost children's literature in braille. Volunteers, grants and donations make it possible for us to offer our books at a fraction of the production costs, and prices have not been raised for 25 years!