[Nfbmo] blind pension

Horchem Gary ghorchem at gary-springfield-mo.net
Fri Aug 6 20:17:02 UTC 2010

Here is the offical excerp from the Missouri Department of Social Services website http://www.dss.mo.gov/fsd/blindp.htm

"The Blind Pension program was established in 1921 and is financed entirely by state funds. This program provides assistance for blind persons who do not qualify under the Supplemental Aid to the Blind law and who are not eligible for Supplemental Security Income benefits. Each eligible person receives a monthly cash grant of $651, as well as state funded Mo HealthNet coverage.
Who Is Eligible?is 18 years of age or older; is living in Missouri and intends to remain; is a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen; has not given away, sold, or transferred real or personal property in order to be eligible for Blind Pension; is single, or married and living with spouse, and does not own real or personal property worth more than $20,000. In determining the value of real or personal property, the real estate occupied by the blind person or spouse as the home shall be excluded. is of good moral character; has no sighted spouse living in Missouri who can provide support; does not publicly solicit alms; is determined to be totally blind as defined by law (up to 5/200 or visual field of less than 5 degrees); is found to be ineligible for Supplemental Aid to the Blind; is willing to have a medical treatment or an operation to cure their blindness, unless they are 75 years old or older; is not a resident of a public, private, or endowed institution except a public medical institution; and is found ineligible to receive federal Supplemental Security Income benefits.
For information regarding medical coverage included with Blind Pension, see MO HealthNet Services-MO HealthNet.

>>> Cari Kness 08/06/10 1:31 PM >>>
Does anyone know if there is an internet site that gives specific
qualifications such as the amount of blindness and stuff?
Peace,
Cari