[Nfbmo] A chance to buy a book and make the Missouri School for the blind some money

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 2 03:41:24 UTC 2010

The National Federation of the Blind's Columbia chapter has worked out a
deal with our local Barnes & Noble store to do a book fair, so that any
purchases made between now and the end of business on Tuesday will initiate
a donation to the Missouri school for the blind.  There is no extra charge
to the purchaser of a Barnes & Noble item, but simply a donation which will
come for presentation by our Columbia chapter to the school.  The
promotional code is 10373199, and if you make an order online or if you
happen to visit the store tomorrow between 10 AM and 8 PM, this code will
initiate a donation.

Tomorrow we will be in the store from 9:30 AM until 8 PM distributing NFB
literature and writing names in braille.  Between one and four in the
afternoon, we will be doing story time for the children.

We have found the people at Barnes & Noble to be excited and enthusiastic
about this project, and throughout the day they will be making overhead
announcements about our organization, our programs, and where we can be
found in the store.  Although this program only allows for donations to
schools, we believe it is a wonderful opportunity to make a contribution to
a worthy cause and to help us build a stronger relationship with our school
for the blind.  The school is very excited about our efforts and was very
surprised that our organization would work to directly support some of the
schools activities.