[Nfbmo] Kindle

Matthew Sievert msievert at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 23 20:22:46 UTC 2010

Hello everyone!

I bought an Amazon Kindle after playing with one at the Best Buy. I have had the Kindle app on my iPad and iPhone for awhile, but don't like the fuzziness of the antialiasing of the text or the light from the backlight shooting out at my face from the screen all the time.

The kindle is awesome. I can't imagine  what school or college would have been like if I had this device in the classroom. To instantly enlarge text in books is amazing! The Kindle will also read and accept audible.com books. It has built in speakers and a headphone jack.

This tool is really neat. I can't speak for the totally blind folks, but for partially sighted users, this device is one of the coolest things I have seen recently.

It is very simple to use and it only costs $139.00. The average book for the Kindle costs between $10 and $15 dollars.

Everything is delivered wirelessly. You don't need a computer to use this device. For $189.00 The 3G version uses the cell phone network to download and synch your content. No contract, no extra monthly fee.

If you have partial vision I would highly recommend visiting a Beat Buy and checking out the New Amazon Kindle.

Thanks for reading and everyone please enjoy your holidays.

Matt