[Nfbmo] I-Phone could take the win out of KNFB Reader.

Debbie Wunder debbiewunder at centurytel.net
Tue Jun 29 19:00:38 UTC 2010

Hello Fred, it would be a wonderful world if products for the blind were
more affordable, but in truth we are not the main stream of folks. It is my
understanding that to date the cost that has gone into the reader for its
invention, improvements and marketing t, has not yet made a profit. In fact
I would like to draw your attention to the fact that there have been several
updates, with no charge to the blind consumer.

You published a Resource book for the blind and visually impaired, I do not
dsee you giving it away to the impoverished blind. In fact Fred it seems
that I heard you say that you did not want your book to be placed on Book
Share because  the profit   is how you earn your living.

The NFB has a wonderful3% technology loan program, one that loans too many
blind people who could not other wise borrow such an amount of money. I will
not pretend that the reader does not have a  high price, but, nor will I
allow  you to make it seem as if there is wrong doing on the part of KNFB
Reading System, or the NFB.  Certainly you are able to say what ever you
think, but it will not go with out a reply back.