[Nfbmo] streem

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 25 21:55:25 UTC 2010

Hello Bryan and listers,

    What happened to "Keep it so simple?" Windows Media works for most
listeners so why not just use it? Even the national office learned that
lesson last year when they attempted to use Silverlite rather than Shoutcast
or Windows Media. They shifted to Windows Media mid way through the national
convention due to problems folks had accessing the stream. I saw that stuff
on the NFBMO home page and asked myself will there be a show this year or
will this streaming attempt bomb again as it did thrice before.

    We had problems in Kansas last fall but have an on-going investigation
in to why the streaming failure occurred. I will not attempt another
convention stream until all aspects of that failure are fully understood and
corrective measures taken to insure future success. I'm hoping to stream
some local events before streaming another state convention. It's not fare
to ask an affiliate to allocate the funds for streaming only to have it fail
again. Just my thoughts Mr. President. Mary and I will be listening this
weekend. It looks like you have a great agenda planned. All the best.

Peter Donahue