[Nfbmo] Our dear friend, Janet Dew

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 22 03:50:13 UTC 2010

Many of you will remember that Janet and Mark dew were members of the St.
Louis chapter 15 or 20 years ago.  In 2008 Janet participated in our Mission
Believe project.  She loved the teaching, the adventure activities, and the
change she saw in the lives of the children we worked with for a weekend.
On Wednesday following Mission Believe, Janet was taken to the hospital and
tests revealed that she had an aggressive brain tumor the name of which I
believe is astrocytoma.  Janet came to live with us for several months while
she got cancer treatments at the Ellis Fischel hospital.  The treatments
worked, and the tumor was shrunk to insignificance.  Janet was warned,
however, that these tumors almost always return and that when they do they
are even more aggressive than in their initial incarnation.

I am sorry to tell you that Janet's tumor was discovered just over a month
ago, and she left us at six this evening.  Her funeral will take place on
Wednesday in Somersville Missouri, and if all goes well with the procedure I
am to have in the morning, I've been asked to deliver her eulogy.  If any of
you have memories you would care to share with me, I'll do my very best to
incorporate them.

Please keep Janet's family in your prayers, and also please pray for Debbie
For she and Janet regarded each other as sisters.  Although we have all had
time to prepare for what we knew would come, the loss is terribly hard.

Gary