[Nfbmo] The Loss of A Dear Friend

Mary Donahue braille at satx.rr.com
Sat Sep 18 05:31:21 UTC 2010

Hello Shelia and everyone,

    I remember Martha Young very well. She was one of the first people I met
when I joined what was the Music Division. I remember collaborating with her
to write a song based on the theme "Walking Alone and Marching Together.""
Between Martha, Pete, and myself, we worked up an arrangement with her
lyrics to the tune of "Waltzing Matilda." The song was never in the NFB song
book, but Dr. Maurer got a copy during the 1993 national convention. Martha
always served as the stage manager during the annual showcase of talent,
too. I missed her in later years during the conventions, but obviously, God
had other plans for her.

    I know she will be missed. Thank you for sharing her obituary with the
list.