[Nfbmo] amazon books

Matthew Sievert msievert at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 3 23:48:21 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing well.

With my current job I have the freedom to try out all the new technology to see if it meets the needs of my specific visual impairment.

I can say that both audible and the amazon kindle have improved my access to content.

I can prepare dinner in the kitchen while listening to a book on audible, via AirTunes and my pc.

While waiting for a cab i can pull out my kindle and continue to read a book.

Both of these tasks were not very easy to accomplish even as recently as college.

I remember how long it used to take to get books on tape from "Recordings For the Blind." I also remember how long it took and the effort involved to enlarge print in text books.

We have so many cool devices to improve our quality of life.

All these content delivery methods are not perfect for every individual, but they sure have helped me gain access to content easier than I ever have in the past.

Matt Sievert