[Nfbmo] Blio launch problems

DanFlasar at aol.com DanFlasar at aol.com
Tue Jan 11 16:49:15 UTC 2011

Hi all,
     I was linked to this page via the Blind Bargains  email update.   I
attended the official announcement of
the Blio reading system at last year's Washington Seminar and saw a fulll
demo at the National Convention
in Dallas.  The scope of the system, touted as being available on all
devices (mac, PC, smart phones, Ipod,
IPad, Android, etc.), capable of displaying full color illustrations, an
included text-to-speech engine - or
use your preferred software: JAWS, Window Eyes, etc.), fully scalable
display or text and illustration for
those with partial vision and links to enable us to purchase any book was
impressive.
    According to the link below, things are not going  well.  I add that
this link is a review of the Blio as it
was launched at the recent Computer Electronics Show.   I will  look into
it and provide any further info I
can but in the meantime, does anyone have any further info?

_http://blindbargains.com/bargains.php?m=5555_
(http://blindbargains.com/bargains.php?m=5555)

Dan