[Nfbmo] FW: Affiliate Demonstration Against Section 511, Title V of the Workforce Investment Act July 26 In Des Moines

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 19 17:52:54 UTC 2011

Hello folks.  As you probably know, there is an attempt to introduce into
the rehabilitation act a section that would sanction the payment of sub
minimum wages to blind people.  We oppose this, and accordingly we
unanimously adopted a resolution at our 2011 National Convention vowing to
do what we can to defeat this proposal.

Missouri has no member on the Health Education Labor and Pensions Committee,
but our bordering states of Kansas and Iowa do, and they are asking for our
help.  Assuming we can generate some affiliate support, are any of you
interested in going either to Wichita Kansas or Des Moines Iowa next
Tuesday?  I am sending along the request that was sent from Iowa, but I hope
we can help both states.

Gary

  _____