[Nfbmo] Prodigy products for blind diabetics

fred olver goodfolks at charter.net
Fri Mar 11 22:14:37 UTC 2011

Prodigy® provides Accessible Diabetes Products

and instruction material on how to Live Healthy with Blindness and Diabetes

Prodigy®  continues to serve more of our vision impaired friends with our NFB and AFB Access Award winning Prodigy Voice® meter and
test strips, as well as the accessible insulin delivery device; the Prodigy Count-a-doseT.

In addition to our accessible products, Prodigy® realizes that Education is Key for healthy living, so we have added to our website:

  a.. The NFB audio book, "Bridging the Gap, Living with Blindness and Diabetes," authored by 19 experts in the blindness and
diabetes field.
  b.. The new training "Tools and Techniques for Managing Diabetes Non-Visually".  Produced and directed by renowned Blind
Industries and Services of Maryland (BISM). This training demonstrates the skills for living well with diabetes using non-visual
techniques. Instruction is presented by Lynn Baillif, MS, RD, LDN, CDE, a blind diabetes educator, and includes a demonstration on
how to use the Prodigy Voice® and Prodigy Count-a-doseT products.
  c.. The article due out in consumer diabetes magazines this spring, "Adaptive Blood Glucose Monitoring with Vision Loss,"
authored by Debra Sokol-McKay, MS, CVRT, CLVT, CDE, OTR/L, SCLV.

  a.. Prodigy adds diabetes educator Dave Joffe, BSPharm, CDE, CPT, Clinical Associate Professor College of Pharmacy University of
Florida, to the Prodigy® Team.
  b.. Get ready . . . on June 9, 2011 at 12:00 pm EST, Hadley School for the Blind will host a "Living Well with Diabetes" webinar.
Key speakers include:

·         Margaret E. Cleary, Rehabilitation Nurse Consultant

·         Naomi Tuttle, Instructor The Hadley School for the Blind

·         Jerry Munden, Vice President of Business Development Prodigy Diabetes Care, LLC

To sign up for a Seminar at Hadley:

1) Go to www.hadley.edu

2) Click on "Seminars at Hadley"

3) Click on "Registration" and enter required information

4) You'll receive an email with your "password"

5) On the day of the seminar, Login at "Registered Participants Login" with:

-User name: first name & last name

-Your Password

6) You may have to download a plug-in before signing on

7) When you enter, to use your mike, simply hold down the control key and speak.

Registration starts on the day the webinar is advertised on the Hadley home page, usually about 2 weeks before the webinar is
presented. If you do not wish to ask questions, you can listen or text questions via the chat room. If you can't attend, all
webinars are archived and can be found at www.hadley.edu under the heading: "Past Seminars." Anyone can download or stream them.
Hope to see you there!

Prodigy® makes the helpful training aids available to all Prodigy® customers, for free, at www.prodigymeter.com in the Low Vision
Center. Also, keep up-to-date on Prodigy® Announcements: Click here and subscribe to our Low Vision and Blind Organization News
Room!

Prodigy® continues to work to provide new, accessible products to fit the needs of all diabetics, especially the blind and low
vision. Please be advised that the release dates for the Prodigy IQ PumpT and the Prodigy IQ PatchT has not been set. As soon as the
dates are announced, your organizations will be the first to know.

      ** Use Prodigy® Products and Help Us to Help You **

Please contact me at 704-285-6454 or Bernadette Jacobs at 410-455-5311 (bandbjacobs at verizon.net) with any questions you may have.

Here to Help,

Jerry Munden (Living well with Type I for 30+ years ... and you can too!)

Vice President of Business Development

Prodigy Diabetes Care, LLC

Phone: 704-285-6454   Fax: 704-285-6495

Email: jerrym at prodigymeter.com