[Nfbmo] Quick update on Debbie

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 12 03:02:07 UTC 2011

Thank you to everyone who has called or written to inquire about Debbie.
Last evening she took a turn for the worse and was moved from a family
practice floor to a critical care floor. She required breathing treatments
more than once each hour and had to be given more oxygen. There was talk
earlier today about moving her from a critical care unit to an intensive
care unit, but early this afternoon she took what appears to be a
significant turn for the better. While this morning she could not utter a
whole sentence without taking two or three breaths, tonight she is more like
herself and can speak without difficulty. Earlier today she sounded very
frail and unable to use what we would recognize as her normal voice, but by
this evening she sounded like herself. She doesn't feel very well yet, but
she is breathing easier, her absorption of oxygen is much better, and I
think she has taken a turn for the better.

I will go back to the hospital early in the morning and spent much of the
day. Of course, we have Ethan and Abbey here at home, and they will require
some supervision and attention. I will write tomorrow evening with a quick
update, and again I thank all of you who have written and called.

Warmest regards to everyone, and I hope you enjoy the weekend.

Gary