[Nfbmo] MO legislature consdering bill that could endanger disabledcivil ...

DanFlasar at aol.com DanFlasar at aol.com
Tue Mar 29 04:25:49 UTC 2011

Oops!  Your earlier message came after your later message.   Thanks again,
Dan

In a message dated 3/28/2011 11:23:16 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
sbwright95 at att.net writes:

Dan,
I  have not seen a response to your post regarding this article but I  think
that the bill it refers to (SB 188) is a step in the wrong direction.  It
was
introduced last year but did not go anywhere. We learned that it had  been
reintroduced just prior to our February state board meeting and  discussed
it
briefly then but did not have enough background to take  action. Since then,
several of us have had discussions with legislators  about the negative
ramafications. I know that one of the lawyers we have  use for two
employment
discrimination cases definitely feels strongly that  this legislation would
be a setback in terms of such cases.

We  probably should have discussed this bill atthe convention. Sorry I did
not  think about it. .  However, I thought it was on such a fast-track  that
it was a hopeless battle. However, as the article indicates that the  House
is just beginning to work on it, maybe we should take another round  at
discussion and decide if we can quickly draft comments and go from  there.

I certainly plan now to make some legislative contacts as a  constituent on
the House side in the next day or two. Thanks for posting  the link to the
article.

Shelia Wright

It probably should  have been a resolution at convention but in the