[Nfbmo] Feedback wanted

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 30 17:23:55 UTC 2011

Hello Eugene. I have no trouble whatsoever with the reduced registration
hours. Although I am never the first to preregister, I do get it done, so
the issue of registration hours is not terribly important to me.

In past years when we have had a lunch for students or parents or the
selling of the coin, I've enjoyed those program items, but I think there are
people who appreciate the down time that comes with an unstructured meal. My
supposition, though I can't really prove it, is that people will be more
inclined to pay attention to banquet festivities if this isn't the first
time they've had an opportunity to socialize. My take then is that we allow
a luncheon for anyone who wants to have one, but that we not worry much
about scheduling a program for a lunch not specifically associated with a
planned activity.

I'm all for the cost savings that come from a buffet, but without at least
one person their to man the food line, I find it difficult. What it really
means is that somebody who can see enough to tell us what is out there ends
up being co-opted to volunteer their time, not because they freely decide
to, but because they feel obligated. If we get enough savings from a buffet
that it is substantial, perhaps we should consider paying someone for half
an hour to be that person behind the buffet. I think we can all be
responsible for finding our own shares, but figuring out exactly what pastry
is in front of you is harder to do.

I know the cost is always an issue, but I think we should, in future years,
try to ensure that there is some protein as well as carbohydrates for people
attending the breakfast. I don't usually expect a buffet to be as good as
something freshly cooked, but I do usually expect to find some breakfast
meat or some eggs. What we had was more a continental breakfast and a
buffet. I don't know if diabetics really found anything they were allowed to
eat.

I have no preference when it comes to the dates of our convention. In recent
years most of our dates have fallen in March, but this is no reason they
must.

Thanks for taking the time to solicit our opinions. It's always helpful to
know there is a listening ear.

Gary