[Nfbmo] Cd players

MATTHEW SIEVERT msievert at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 10 04:20:51 UTC 2011

Dan,

Thanks for your advice.

I will have to contact the Talking book library folks up here in Michigan and
see whats up.

I also mentioned News-Line to her, but here in Michigan I am not sure if they
have restored funding to the program. Since it was cut off last year.

I am sure they have, or hope they have. I shall check into it.

Obviously I am not very active in local blind stuff here in Michigan.

I went to their state convention and they spent a lot of time complaining about
news-line and how their state organizations weren't representing the needs of
the blind folks well.

I got very little networking out of it. I did meet some employees of the "AT
Guys" and they are a good company for accessible technology.

anyways, I shall look into talking books.

I have given away both of my APH machines to other blind folks, so I don't have
any of that stuff anymore, and I never saw a reason to get the new stuff. Since
the "sighted" alternatives were working well for me.