[Nfbmo] employment question

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 27 12:49:23 UTC 2011

Hi Jenny.  I agree with your strategy.  It is good not to make a mountain
out of a mole hill.  I think it is good that you are looking at what
technology you may need.  In coming up with your request, I urge you to
consider training as part of it.  Some of the assistive technology we have
can do far more than we make it do because we are trained to use it to its
full potential or even to the extent that it performs all of the functions
we needed to.  This will very some from job to job.  I find that I need Jaws
for Windows to do things for me now that I am editing that weren't terribly
important to me as a programmer.  Likewise, there are things I'm not doing
now that I would have to relearn were I to return to that field.  Please let
us know how we can help.