[Nfbmo] FW: Statement from Gov. Nixon on Senate's restoration offull funding for health care program for needy, blind Missourians

Bryan Schulz b.schulz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 25 15:39:09 UTC 2012

hi,

did the governor think we wouldn't remember the original number or where did the 28 million number come from?
26.35 mil is still better than zero but the entire last four month battle was not necessary without flanigan and sylvie.

Bryan Schulz

  for health care program for needy, blind Missourians

  Contact:           Scott Holste, (573) 751-0290

                          Scott.Holste at mo.gov

                          Sam Murphey, (573) 751-0290

                          Sam.Murphey at mo.gov

  FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

  April 25, 2012

  Statement from Gov. Nixon on Senate's restoration of full funding for health
  care program for needy, blind Missourians

  JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Gov. Jay Nixon today issued the following statement
  regarding the vote by the Missouri Senate to restore full funding for the
  state's health care program for needy, blind Missourians:

  "I commend the Missouri Senate for adopting Sen. Jim Lembke's amendment to
  restore full funding for the state's health care program for needy, blind
  Missourians.  For decades, Missouri has provided this efficient and
  compassionate program that offers essential health care services for blind
  Missourians with very limited financial means.  I urge the General Assembly
  to send me a budget that maintains full funding for this vital lifeline."

  ###