[Nfbmo] KC Star Weighs in

Matt Sievert matt.sievert at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 05:09:43 UTC 2012

Bryan,

In my opinion there is no reason that person would need a blind pension.

I was asked by several people why I didn't inquire about the blind pension while living  in Missouri. My response everytime was, " I don't need it,  and I don't want it."

It took me a long time to break the grip of SSI and I consider that a major accomplishment in my life.

I am legally blind. I have a good job. I have health insurance, and I pay federal and state taxes to help those who need assistance.