[Nfbmo] Conversation with Senator Dempsey this morning

Cory McMahon cjmc404 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 24 22:35:36 UTC 2012

Dear all,

This morning, through facebook, I was able to participate in a conversation with Tom Dempsey, who serves as Majority Floor Leader in the Senate. I asked for his thoughts regarding upcoming senate debate of the budget, and he shared that:  "everything is on the table". He further indicated that:  "during tough economic times, tough decisions have to be made". Also, he let me know that there are different rules in the Senate than in the House; unlimited debate is one of them. Keep in mind, however, that a balanced budget has to be on the Governor's desk by 6:00 PM on Friday, May 11, 2012, and the Governor must take action on the budget prior to July 1, 2012, as that is when the new budget takes affect.

After Senator Dempsey gave me his thoughts on the budget, he concluded the conversation; therefore, there was not time for further dialogue; however, I can probably call his office on Monday and engage in further dialogue with him.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc. please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Cory McMahon