[Nfbmo] Conversation with Senator Dempsey this morning

DanFlasar at aol.com DanFlasar at aol.com
Sun Mar 25 06:28:54 UTC 2012

Cory,
   I and other NFB members from St. Louis spoke w/ Sen. Dempsey  during the
Jefferson City Seminar  this year and heard his thoughts on the  cuts to
the Blind Pension health care benefit.  I felt he was extremely  chagrined at
the House initiatives in cutting this long-standing benefit  I  distinctly
remember thinking that he felt the entire issue was a political  blunder and
an overreach.  He was very curious as to what we had heard from  other
Republican Senators.  I'm not sure how much he is opposed to the cuts  to the
program - mostly that he felt it was very costly in terms of public  support
and sentiment.  of course, that was a month ago but from what  you describe
below, I suspect he's still not happy with the whole thing - I  think he could
be inclined to vote in our favor  if he feels that  he's not alone in the
Senate.
Dan

In a message dated 3/24/2012 5:35:50 P.M. Central Daylight Time,