[Nfbmo] SB 854

Gene Coulter escoulter at centurytel.net
Sat May 19 01:54:57 UTC 2012

Great question the answer is no.
A special session can only be called to override a veto by the Governor or
to consider emergency legislation as requested by the Governor. The slim
chance is that  someone like Rep. Silvey could attach it to an emergency
bill. But since the veto session is normally in September six weeks before
election I don’t fancy they want this in the news. Our hope for next year is
that the economy keeps improving and no one will feel compelled to take this
money.
Gene