[Nfbmo] Fw: A little long, but a good thing to read.

Susan Ford johnsusanford at earthlink.net
Wed May 23 13:25:05 UTC 2012

Dan:
I found both your comments and the original nostalgic and enjoyable.  I hate
to say it, but some of this depends on where you lived.  I was born in 1945
and I remember iceboxes.  Ice was delivered to your house or you picked it
up at the icehouse in town.  We never had a clothes dryer until after I
graduated from high school, which was in 1963. Anyone who takes their
clothes to a laundromat does some clothes-hanging to this day.  It is
cheaper and easier than carrying it all home.  Perhaps it is important to
make young people understand what things used to be like, but Jim's story,
though interesting did not tell the whole story.
Susan