[Nfbmo] what jobs are we doing?

Debbie Wunder debbiewunder at centurytel.net
Sun Oct 7 19:35:03 UTC 2012

Hello, I have been following this thread on employment, and I am curious to see if folks would be willing to share some information with the list? What job are you doing, what type of training was required for your job. Do you use any type of computer software, or other technology to do your job.

Have you completed a traing program for employment placement? Have you been to a rehab center? Are you a Braille user, if not would you benefit by using Braille?

Do you have skills or talents that you have put to use in order to make a living? Maybe you are a carpenter, seamstress, artist, daycare, please share with us.

Many of us are looking for work, deciding what work we can do, and would very much benefit by your input.

Maybe we can build a list of what blind people are doing here in Missouri, turn it into a mentoring program to get more folks working.

Thanks,
Debbie