[Nfbmo] Washington Seminar

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 19 15:55:04 UTC 2012

At its most recent meeting the National Federation of the Blind of
Missouri's Board of Directors voted to appropriate money to help four people
attend the Washington seminar. Anyone interested in going should have their
name to me by December 1. If there are more than four people who want to
attend (I certainly hope there will be), I'll try to achieve a geographical
balance and include other factors the board has determined to be important
in making up our delegation.

The issues we face nationally are significant. The case we must make to
Congress is as important as the usability of our washers and dryers and our
ability to become gainfully employed. While the Washington seminar
represents a financial sacrifice for everyone who goes, I think it presents
us with a wonderful opportunity to use our influence on the people who have
so much to say about our future. The delegation we send to Washington will
meet with each member of our congressional delegation or, if the congressman
chooses, with a staff member they select. Though each office will listen,
they are most interested in hearing from people in their district. For this
reason it is really important that we have as much geographical diversity as
we can get.

Please share this message widely to be certain that we reach out to members
who do not have or use email.

Warmly,

Gary