[Nfbmo] Fw: OldHat iPhone Guide, was RE: new to iphone

Fred Olver goodfolks at charter.net
Sun Apr 7 23:12:25 UTC 2013

Gary, you haven't talked with me in years. Rather than attempt to speak to
issues you and I seem to have on list, why don't you attempt to contact me
in person. I have done so in the past, to no avail. Asking why we have
dog-guide seminars is as valid as asking why the iPhone is a step forward,
the only thing is that the people who don't seem to think it is an important
development appear to be in the majority when in fact individuals who
perceive it to be should be in the majority, or shown that it is important
and why. My perception is that because you, personally, and others in this
affiliate don't like the stands I take on certain issues, cause me not to be
included when I may have more knowledge than anyone in the affiliate
especially on this topic. It was much the same when I was a true
Rehabilitation Teacher in the state of Missouri. So, I don't like the issues
some of you feel to be more important than they really are to me, so take
them on, you say this is an open list for discussion, however it truly
appears when someone takes issue with something that is presented they are
penalized for it. I thought we were all in this together, are we all
supposed to march in-step, to accept what we are given and say well, it's
important because so-and-so says it is? One of the freedoms in this country
is the respect that we are each supposed to be given whether we agree or
not, isn't that true? It doesn't seem to be so in this affiliate, anyway.

And so the affiliate suffers for it, because I have probably spent hundreds
of hours researching app's that work and those that do not. I have probably
over 200 apps on my phone yet you, as President of the affiliate and others
who's names I have never seen post on a list, probably the largest list of
iPhone users set up for blind users are conducting a 30-minute preview of
the iPhone to folks who may not be interested at all accept for those who
see it as a roadblock rather than an  open road to the future. You see, it's
all in how you present it, and I'm betting that wrong if not out-dated
information will be presented, that information will be lacking because of a
lack of understanding  by those who are part of the presentation thusly the
presentation will not be one that looks forward, rather one which is set up
to defend rather than present a forward-looking knowledge-base to the
iPhone.

I have given much thought to trying to off-set the bent of your presentation
by offering just some of the knowledge I possess preceeding your
presentation, however I will not, because if you wanted my input you would
have asked for it, months ago. So do your presentation I hope it works for
you and I'll continue to move forward in my knowledge of the iPhone and
share it with those who are truly interested rather than those who hold it
against me for questioning the validity of certain under-takings which I may
have disagreements about their validity but then, because others don't see
the importance of the iPhone is why you are not giving it much time on your
agenda or why the affiliate didn't follow up on development of a seminar on
the i-devices which, all, by the way present opportunities for the use of
speech, the iPad, the iPod the iPhone the mini-iPad and Macintosh computers.

Fred Olver