[Nfbmo] Stipend for National Convention

DanFlasar at aol.com DanFlasar at aol.com
Mon Apr 15 05:17:49 UTC 2013

Hello Missouri Federationists,
     Well, spring is in the air, our State  Convention has very
successfully completed and it's time to turn to  thoughts of National Convention, this
year to be held July 1st through the  6th at the Rosen Center Hotel in
Orlando Florida.   Here's a link for  more details:

https://nfb.org/national-convention

     I am sending this email out as a heads-up to all  those Missouri
Federationists who have never gone to a National  Convention.   The affiliate
Board has again approved funding for  limited stipends for first-timers to
attend this  years national  gathering.  More details are forthcoming, but
here's the details in a  nutshell.

1.  First-time attendees have highest priority for stipends.
2.   The award does not cover the full expenses of attending  national
convention.  Depending on the number of successful applicants, the  funds are
divided accordingly.   The award can help to cover costs of  registration,
transportation and hotel.
3.    Awardees are expected to share a hotel room with at  least one other
person.
4.    Awardees must actively attend and participate  fully in the meetings,
sessions and major events of the  convention.
5.   You must be willing to provide, upon request of the NFBMO  Board, an
account of your experiences and what you learned.
6.     Last day/time to receive Stipend applications  (see below) will be 5
pm Wednesday, May 15th, 2013.
7.    The preferred method of application is to fil out the  form below and
email it to:
_danflasar at aol.com_ (mailto:danflasar at aol.com)

You can also call me at home ( 314)646-7128.  Please leave a voice  mail if
I am not able to receive your call. We can set a time to take your
application by phone.

Application for an NFB of Missouri Rittgers stipend to attend the NFB
National Convention.
Please provide answers to all questions on a separate line.  It  makes it
much easier to process.

Full Name

Street address:
City, State, Zip

email address
Phone #:

Member of NFB of Missouri?  (Y/N)
NFB of Missouri Chapter membership:
Have you ever attended an NFB National Convention at any time? (Y/N)
Why do you want to attend National Convention?
What types of activities or sessions (please refer to the NFB Convention
link above) most interest you?
Why do you need financial assistance to attend?

Again, more detailed information will follow soon.

Sincerely,
Dan Flasar
Chair, 2013 Rittgers Committee
(314)646-7128